Tuesday, March 8, 2011

No Comment!

     I had made a comment on one of my wife's blogs and it really pissed her off, she called me a liar.  I was trying to be funny but it didn't come across that way and she basically told me not to comment on her blog anymore.  So I will no longer make a comment on her blog, instead I will do it here because nobody knows that I even have a blog.
    The blog I commented on was the one on her becoming a soccer widow.  I am gone all the time with practices, games, and other stuff. Hell there are some weeks I could be out of the house every night.  Most spouses would not be real happy with this situation but my wife is an exception.  She is totally okay with it because it gives her more guilt free time to do the things she needs to do like reading, researching, blogging, facebooking, editing, critiquing, or writing.
     She may be a soccer widow for the next 3 months but I am a writers widow all the time.  What I'm saying is that with writing comes researching, blogging, facebooking, critiquing, editing, book writing groups, and who knows what else.  Looking at everything she has to do to be a writer doesn't leave much time for what she loves and that is the writing. On top of all of her commitments to be a writer she has her teaching job, the kids, tutoring a few times a week,  exercising each day, and trying to stay current with Glee. There isn't much down or free time for her and that is why I'm a writer's widow.
     So, if she happens to read this I want her to know that I am sorry for my comments on her blog, sorry for getting bent out of shape (when I do), and am truly sorry that at times I give her reasons to doubt my support of her dream.  I want this for her because if it does happen she might finally relax and enjoy life again.  I miss my wife and best friend but I know that this is something she wants and I am behind her 99.9%.  Yes, there are times I' pissed about our lack of quality time but it is a sacrifice I am trying to make and deal with because she has sacrificed so much for me and all of my time away during my soccer seasons. So, Al, if you read this please know that I am behind you even though it may seem like I'm not happy but  as you have told me in the past I just need to get over it.  I'm trying and I hope you know that I am your biggest fan and that
I LOVE YOU!!!!
 

No comments: